On 2011-06-15 04:01, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
As far as I know, I have probably contributed data in the following
circumstances:
*Mapper A who has not accepted the change to ODbL drew two intersecting
roads.
*I note in person that there is a recently-added island-separated
right-turn lane, and I add it (way B) based on the ways added by A and a
rough estimate of its size.
Now I am the only contributor in the history of way B and all of its
nodes. Yet their locations are based on cc-by-sa data, and cannot be
distributed under ODbL.

Why should way B be based on way A? You have been there, noticed the new way and added it. Why should you put it one kilometer away just because there is a "copyrighted" way beside? If way B is next to way A in reality than it will always be next to way A on any map regardless of the copyright.

Otherwise no one would ever be able to draw a map, because then anybody who has already drew a map before can complain that you have copied the map.

OTOH that would be the solution to the licence question: Whoever has added the first node in OSM (Steve C?) decides which licence we use, because all other nodes are based on that node :-).

Bye, Andreas