On 14/08/2011 14:33, Stephan Knauss wrote:

the magic thing is called Bing imagery.
If it is good to have such remote mapping or bad depends on how the people "on the ground" react. Adding a whole street including geometry is imho a lot more rewarding then just entering street names.

Agreed.

I seem to remember comments on this list previously saying that in at least some areas in India the Bing imagery is a bit out of date. I've no idea if that is the case for Jalandhar, but if I was going to map there remotely I'd probably try and ping a message to any local mappers via a local talk list first (which, of course, may already have happened).

Cheers,
Andy