On 14.08.2011 20:49, Parveen Arora wrote:
Yes It can be possible, but still I am suspicious about it, that why
any one from any other country will map this city.
I have also noticed some more cities with similar type of mappings in
a very short time.
He uploaded GPS tracks that are tagged with "Ballia Substation Darbhanga", others with "Varanasi". As I never heard of these before I checked wikipedia which told me this is located in India.

So I can only guess that this user feels "connected" to India and tries to improve OSM there.

"Armchair mapper" refers to people mapping from the comfort of their living room without actually going outside. Can be used in a neutral as well as in an offensive way.
Refer to Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armchair
"Armchair, a pejorative modifier to refer to a person who experiences something vicariously rather than first-hand, or to a casual critic who lacks practical experience, in phrases such as armchair revolutionary, armchair general, armchair quarterback, armchair architect, armchair warrior, and so on."

There are two lines written on his user page which are in german
language. So he can be from german.
It's reading you can send a message he won't bite.

Stephan