[follow-ups should be to legal-talk yadda yadda]

Russ Nelson wrote:
> What about the people who didn't agree to the CT, but whose data is
> in the public domain?

See
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/legal-talk/2011-August/006608.html
et seq.

Given that LWG doesn't appear to be changing its IMO daft stance that "a
user placing their data in the public domain is not good enough for us", I
am seriously tempted to delete and reimport TimSC's data[1] under my own
account, and say "it's good enough for me, it's PD, and I've agreed to the
CTs. You have a problem with that?".

cheers
Richard

[1] the stuff that people have built useful stuff on, that is. I doubt
anyone would miss the random landuse ;)