On 8/31/2011 8:48 AM, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
Ed Avis wrote:
Why not do what Wikipedia did and work together with the licence authors
(in
this case Creative Commons and Open Data Commons) to provide an automatic
upgrade clause?  Then nothing need be deleted.

I expressly asked this a couple of years ago:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/legal-talk/2009-February/001971.html

and was told "no":
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/legal-talk/2009-February/001982.html

"But, I would remind everyone that the current
official CC policy on CC licenses and databases - indeed, on any legal
tools other than PD for databases - is the science commons protocol on
open access to data, which calls for the PD position only."

CC has since changed their position on potentially copyrightable databases (or clarified that they only meant databases of uncopyrightable facts).