Gert Gremmen" <g.grem...@cetest.nl> wrote on 15/09/2011 04:50:11 PM:

> No but the difference between Stalinism and OSM is that we do not
*oblige*
> people to follow a training process.

Easily solved.

A tickbox saying "I know what I am doing, leave me alone" and you get full
access.

The idea here is to make people more comfortable with contributing to OSM,
not less.  By putting a "safety barrier" around what is easy, beginners
will feel more comfortable contributing.  A graduated system hopefully
ensures that their first experience is a positive one, not an "I've
stuffed everything up" one, and there is a clear track to understanding
the more complex elements of OSM.

Ian.