On 9/20/2011 10:37 AM, Jochen Topf wrote:
We can see this effect with the "source" tag. In theory it should be updated
to always reflect the source or sources of some piece of data. In practice
it is hard to tell how to update this properly, so most people don't do it,
and it looses all its value for everybody, because even if it is maintained
you can't tell and so can't rely on it.

I almost never use the 'source' tag - mostly because I didn't happen to study that part of the Wiki when I started, and second because I didn't have the luxury of saying "Please review" for my first edit.

Even today, I would find it confusing to edit a group of objects which have source tags - it would be more intuitive to put the source in the changeset, if I were to get in the habit of starting to use the source tag.