On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Janko Mihelić <jan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Your question is the same as if someone asked "why isn't there an official
> Linux; not Ubuntu, not Mint, not Debian, but simply official Linux
> distribution".
No doubt this is a good approach, but the moment when you will ask
some one to recommend any of one among all there will be lot of
different opinions, and there are approximately 500 distros of Linux
available which I think is not required and is wastage of resources,
time and energy.

> Open source and open data don't work that way. A healthy ecosystem with lots
> of apps is the goal.

Nothing is always perfect, One have to always work to things better and better.
If you think the current system is absolutely right and there is no
need of any change then it is ok.

But someone on this thread told me that OSM is a loose community so I
wondered why its like that, Can't we come as a strong community or
organisation.

--
Parveen Arora
www.parveenarora.in