Adam Hoyle wrote:
> For example (there are a lot more examples):
> http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=wtfe&lon=-0.81228&lat=51.72366&zoom=17
> shows a path with red nodes, but I added that and no-one else has edited

If you look at the history of each node, you can see who's edited it.

In this case, opening the area in Potlatch 2 shows those nodes highlighted
in orange, which P2 uses to mean "someone who edited this way hasn't
responded to the CTs yet". You can click on any of these nodes and then,
using the advanced view, click on the object ID to open it in OSM's data
browser like so:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/413600706

which says that the nodes were created by ngent. ngent is "undecided" (not
responded), as you can see by clicking on their username. Maybe send them a
mail asking?

cheers
Richard