Le 24 déc. 2011 à 15:38, Mikel Maron a écrit :

> Thanks Frederik for the email. Agree these are deep, interesting, technical,
> social problems for OSM to dive into. I welcome the discussion.
>
> However, your clarity on these issues is slightly obscured by side comments
> about the OSMF, and user experience, and I just want to quickly address those
> and move on.
>
> The OSMF, as for as I can see, is concerned about user experience, and
> rightfully so, among many important issues. However, no one I know thinks
> that it is the only issue facing OSM, and no one I know thinks that all
> problems will be solved by improving usability. You talk about "some people"
> but I have no idea who they might be. Please stop the FUD.
>
> Thanks, and moving on to the substance of your email....
>
> Mikel

I think that it could be efficient for the OSM crowd (Foundation, individuals
and local bodies) pushing more to promote a concept of globally and locally
concerned citizens engaged on two axes :

- being concerned by the social, physical and natural evolution of the world
and with the consequences of any damaging events where populations are ar risk
and
  must be aware of their close and farther environment, so that accurate and
evolutive maps are needed

- being concerned by their local environment and  particularly sensitive to his
evolution, so they are eager to record and offer it to their own neighbours'
awareness.

OSM person : citizen of the world engaged at global and local levels for better
awareness of the places humans are living or move in.

Casting this sort of  ideas could be the way to be considered as a true global
ONG.

Christian Rogel