On 12 mar 2012, at 11:22, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 03/12/12 10:21, Erik Johansson wrote:
>> I'm guessing most of the terrain pixels are Corine Land cover? The
>> only problem I have with this is that it will make the Corine import
>> go faster in all those white areas.
>
> Yes, that must not be encouraged. I think that if we make roads more
> prominent, then the non-landcover areas will look better.

It would be nice if landuse (forest etc) were _much_ less prominent on the
default Mapnik layer. Really hard to see even major roads at low zoom if they
go through a forest area as it is now. It's even a bit difficult at high zooms.
:)

Ex: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=63.412&lon=22.659&zoom=10&layers=M

I think Hike & Bike Map has better, more muted, colors for landuse:
http://hikebikemap.de/?zoom=10&lat=63.412&lon=22.659&layers=B0000FFFFF

/Joakim