The example of Kosovo in the OSM Wiki that you are quoting here has been
added your friend Liz, who is in favour of your view. But there exist other
views too. As far as "on the ground" does matter here, the local signs call
the border "Kosovo Provincial Boundary" not "country border".
The government in Pristina does not have control over all of the territory
as you are claiming here. They can enter the north only under protection of
KFOR(NATO) and EULEX(EU)
Since you are a friend of rules defined by the OSM Wiki. How about this rule
"For the sake of clarity, only political entities listed on the ISO 3166
standard are to be considered countries." which you can read here
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dadministrative
 Afaik, Kosovo has no official ISO code, hence is no country by this
definition. (XK is an inoffical code used by some organisations).
What country prefix I have to dial when I want to call someone in the
country Kosovo?

I am not claiming that Kosovo is no country but want to point out, that
there are reasons for both views

Mike  Dupont wrote