well, not sure where this comes from and if it makes sense: I don't
see a real obstacle as email addresses are not a scarse ressource (you
get as many as you like for free), but I agree that it seems to be
better to allow the same email address for multiple accounts (would
make it more probable that someone is monitoring the inbox = more
likely you will be able to communicate with the mapper if he can use
his usual email address).

This is a very real problem - it is not helpful if the email account is unmonitored, or even allowed to be deleted due to inactivity. However there is a relatively easy solution:

If your primary account is not gmail.com, get a single gmail account. Each import account would add a unique identifier to the email address with the + sign for example -

http://evernotefolios.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/multiple-email-addresses-with-one-gmail-account/