Hi,

> De : "Michael Kugelmann"
> On 19.09.2012 23:45, Vincent de Chateau-Thierry wrote:
> > The only criteria for removing French Cadastre data will be the value
> > of the source tag.
> That's a bad idea: if someone for what ever reason just decides to
> remove (or change) the "source=cadastre" tag of a object (and don't
> change anything else) you can't identify the object any more.
> Or to be more precise: you need to use a lot of effort and check all
> versions of an object (this means: the whole planet) whether it once had
> the "source=cadastre" tag. But thats a lot of work to do. Much (!) more
> easy to identify all the object is if you can take all object created by
> a special account => just check the changesets.
> Checking all versions of all objects is the thing we just went through
> with a lot of pain and effort: creating and using the redaction bot. And
> we are all aware that this was necessary but not nice and a lot of
> "unporoductive effort". So let's learn from the past and avoid possible
> issues in the future that can be done easily with very small aditional
> effort in the presence.

That means that a separate ccount is a way of identifying contributions
depending
on their source. I can understand that such way is a good practice when a given
source
is strongly linked to a way of dealing with it : massive upload or single edit.
But the problem with french cadastre remains the same since it is both used in
massive
_and_ single object uploads.
In my previous mail I pointed out a way :
This way has one of its nodes which stand for a amenity=cafe :
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1920879534
Both geometry of the way and tags for the node come from the same changeset,
since
I added them at the same time. But node information does not come from the
Cadastre, it
is my own survey.
With the separate-account-by-source suggestion, I would have :
1- started JOSM with my account-for-import (which does not exist yet :-) )
2- drawn the way, tagged with "building=yes" and source="Cadastre"
3- uploaded it
4- exit from JOSM and restart with my regular account
5- edited the node tags
6- uploaded
Wow.... I don't think such process is "productive". It is artificialy time
consuming
with basically no gain at all.

vincent

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net