Hi,

On 26.09.2012 19:44, Richard Weait wrote:
I think that "drawing all of the nodes and points manually" is an
important difference, from a quality point of view.  Each node or way
that you draw by hand, is carefully considered and placed, one at a
time.  It isn't perfect; nothing is.  I suggest that this leads to a
kind of automatic quality control, as the nodes and ways are placed.

To give an example, look at this imported building

http://www.remote.org/frederik/tmp/funnybuilding.png

Note how the main building consists of 8 separate parts plus a strange diagonal line, and note how the smallest parts are just about 2 metres wide.

Compare to the aerial image:

http://binged.it/UuYSio

A very careful tracer of the aerial image might indeed have created more than just one shape for this, but there is hardly anything there on the imagery that suggests *such* a complex edifice.

This is not an example that you only find after a long search; it is a typical cadastre import building.

Bye
Frederik