Various Activity Monitoring tools such as Whodidtit provide the list of recent
changesets in an area. But nothing to visualize on the map. The only solution I
know to visualize is to revert a Changeset in JOSM. This way, it reconstruct
and show the objects of the Changeset.

To efficiently monitor the mapping of an area, it would be more powerfull if it
was possible to compare on the map the Changeset objects or a particular object
(ie. Bbefore and After states).

Some History comparison tools show the history in a table where you can select
two versions of the history.  This could be adapted to show the objects on two
contiguous maps or two layers.

Deleted objects are particularly neglected. If it was possible to visualize
rapidly what the object looked like before erasing it, this would greatly
facililtate the monitoring of an area.

As a monitoring tool, the comparison of two maps would effectively complete
History comparison tables that already exist.

Pierre