I prefer landuse areas to be darker than the default light gray background
color in the Standard rendering. This makes it obvious (especially on LCD
screens where lightness/luminance of colors vary depending on the viewing
angle) that there is a tagged area there.

You could make the case that the farmuse area could be lighter than it is
now and/or use a different hue than brown, but don't make it as light as
the default background color.