On Sun, 2013-01-06 at 05:19 -0800, NopMap wrote:
> Rob Nickerson wrote
> > This has led to a discussion about how the rendering 'looks' with
> > some arguing that it doesn't look that good. I believe that this may be
> > due
> > to the shade of colour used – specifically the farmland 'brown' is not as
> > luminous as the default 'grey'.
>
> +1
>
> What's more: The "brown" of farmland and the "orange" of secondary roads are
> very close and offer no contrast. A secondary road running through farmland
> is pretty much obfuscated and very hard to notice.

+1
I must admit I agree here, although so far less noticeable as very
little farmland is tagged.

I have never tagged farmland, after all if its not built up, woodland or
outdoor leisure space/country park then its farmland.

I would prefer to simply see the field boundaries mapped and unless
there is some way to distinguish between arable and pasture then
farmland does not really offer much that isn't obvious.

Phil (trigpoint)