On 02/02/2013 23:17, Frederik Ramm wrote:
The OSMF board discussed this issue at their F2F meeting in Berlin last November (meeting minutes: http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_Minutes_2012-11-03).

At the meeting we churned through several variations on the topic of "who is the community, who is OSMF, who decides" etc.etc., and essentially agreed that we would like to actively pursue the goal of getting a greater proportion of the community to become OSMF members so that we achieve a solid and representative democratic footing.
That's encouraging to hear. I haven't kept up with OSMF discussions for a while so it's encouraging to know it's at least on the agenda. Has any more progress been made since the November meeting?

I quipped on the "glacial pace" in another email just now, and this is one of the issues where things haven't progressed too fast; personally I now think it is likely that any grand "membership drive" activities will happen after this year's SOTM and not before. But this doesn't mean that the goal is abandoned.
If I have any knowledge or skills which OSMF would find useful, I'd be happy to contribute to these activities.

Cheers
Chris