(Apologies for cross-posting)

Hi all,
I am an academic researcher and I am studying the issue of vandalism in
OpenStreetMap
(see  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Vandalism
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Vandalism>   for a general discussion).
I am very interested in the motivations that lead users to vandalise
OpenStreetMap.
Can you point me to specific instances of vandalism that have an
*identifiable reason*?

Examples might include:
- People changing borders of countries in conflict zones
- People renaming famous places with their name/interests
- Companies damaging data to prevent competition (such as the alleged
vandalism by Google’s contractors)
- People damaging symbolic places (e.g. deletion of the White House or the
Eiffel Tower)
- People damaging data to bully locals/other users
- People creating imaginary places
- People who are frustrated with the editing tools and start using them to
damage data

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!
Mulone