On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 05:54:16 Hans Schmidt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just wondered if there is something productive in the making
> concerning the crossroad names, or did it somehow end without anything?
>
> How can I participate?
>
> Thanks.

If you want OSM Mapnik to render something differently you need to submit a
trac ticket.  The instructions are here (3rd paragraph):
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapnik

I agree that there is a need for this, and I am happy with the simplicity of
using junction=yes and name=*.  If you don't submit a trac request, I will,
but the link to trac is not working for me:
trac.openstreetmap.org/query?component=mapnik&order=id&desc=1

Best wishes,

Andrew