On 2013-07-20 13:35, Peter Wendorff wrote:
On 2013-07-20 10:25, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
James Mast wrote:
I'm personally not liking that they now have hidden the
long/short links to the map location behind buttons.
Instead of just one click to get the map location, now
it's two clicks and is really annoying and slowing down
work for me. :(

Ok, I've said this at least three times elsewhere, but for the benefit of
those reading here:

The View tab does the same as the Permalink button. Exactly the same.
Always
has. So you can right-click/copy the permalink from there.

It does not do here. When I open the map it says
http://www.openstreetmap.org in the address bar.

I believe the real-soon-now intention is to have the URL continuously
updating as you pan around the map (which is possible with JavaScript
these
days).

Why not implemented that first then. Now we will have to wait if and
when that happens and have an akward way of getting a permalink.
I had to search for what Richard meant with "View Tab", in German it's
"Karte" (Map), but there he's right: clicking on it is in fact the same
as the previous Permanent-Link in the bottom.
Nevertheless one has to know it is or to know what the permanent link
should look like.

Ah yes, I see that now too. I never saw that feature before. That is quite handy, even though, as you say, you have to know it is there.

Maarten