On 2013-07-22 17:13, Frederik Ramm wrote:
Hi,

On 07/22/2013 05:04 PM, Maarten Deen wrote:
What is wrong with having more and better features? What is the added
value of removing features?

At the time, Leaflet was considered to be the better overall
framework, with nicer looks and better usability on mobile devices,
and much smaller load times on slow connections due to its compact
size.

[...]

Nobody's saying that Leaflet must stay forever; I have heard that with
recent improvements to OpenLayers, some people even switched back to
OpenLayers after using Leaflet for a while.

That makes me think back 20-25 years when there was the compressionwar. Which was better, pkzip, arj, lzh? There were people that redid all their archives to the new and 0,1% better-and-improved version, just to save those few bytes. I am so happy people here have the time to move to a different framework and back again just because the next version is a little better. OSM would never go forward if that time was not on hand.

Regards,
Maarten