On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 08:59:28AM +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     it has been proposed to make the newly released iD v1.1 the default
> editor on openstreetmap.org, meaning that if someone doesn't explicitly
> chose an editor they will open iD instead of Potlatch.

I say go for it, from all the conversations I've had with new and old
(non mailing list) mappers locally the consensus is that iD is a much
more accessible tool for newbies and is a pleasure to use.

Yes there is still a lot of work to do; we need to move forward and stop
looking over our shoulders

Ban Potlatch!

Cheers
Chris