SomeoneElse wrote:
If the fix for this is to manually apply the national speed limit to every
road, then OK, it's the first time anybody has suggested a fix and I'm willing
to give it a try ...

(I'll assume that's not an entirely serious suggestion - the last time someone
tried it it was very nearly bonfires and pitchforks all round!)

It would seem Andy that the 'rules' changed while we were not looking. It seems now that we should be tagging all roads :(

"For roads signed using the national non-numeric speed limits signs it is generally recommended that one also adds GB:motorway, GB:nsl_dual or GB:nsl_single to source:maxspeed=*."

I certainly don't agree with that. It will add a vast raft of extra tags to the road way data since they will have to be added to every link road and bridge section. JUST tagging the variations still in my book the way to do this and the router algorithms apply the correct speeds based on the type of vehicle.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL