On 26/02/2014 18:34, moltonel 3x Combo wrote:
On 26/02/2014, Dave F. <dave...@madasafish.com> wrote:
On 26/02/2014 10:27, Pieren wrote:
On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 1:33 AM, Clifford Snow <cliff...@snowandsnow.us>
Think that, in some parts of the world, you don't have high res.
images and you cannot count the amout of lanes or see the shoulders or
the limit between the road and next landuse.
If there's no imagery to work from & the person has never seen the area
before then they really shouldn't be mapping it. If a visual survey has
been performed a bit of 'guesstimating' the distance to the centreline
from the boundary edge is *still* more accurate than attaching it the
the way of the road.
That guesstimate is often way off when you have no imagery and little
data, because your sense of scale has no reference. I've made the
mistake many times only to think "silly me" when revisiting an area
once imagery became available.

In that context, I agree that glueing the poly to the street may be
just as good as separating it. At least then it's obvious that the
data is just a schematic model and not an accurate-ish representation.

As I see it, a separate poly would be inaccurate, a joined poly to way would be wrong, so ironically the inaccurate would be the more accurate.

Dave F.

---
is active.