Dear everyone,

This is a thorny issue bit will ask anyway. ;)

Not very often, but we do encounter questionable contributions.
Normally, local mappers would contact the specific contributor  to
explain and provide guidance.  But in some cases, these messages were
ignored and the contributor continues to do questionable edits.

There is a DWG [0] to resolve such issue.  We do understand that DWG
members are volunteers like most of us and local issues might not get
attention immediately.  I would like to discuss the possibility for
our local chapter/community to form our own sort of DWG where we can
address local concerns/disputes.

We have a few active and trusted volunteers who can discuss and
resolve such issues.  But in rare occasions we think we should have
the rights to do "temporary blocks" within our local areas.

[0] wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Data_working_group
--
cheers,
maning