On the other hand (reaching into my economist's bag of hands), I'm not
friends with too many hydrantfans, churchfans, mountaintopfans,
islandfans, or wetlandfans. So maybe I have a biased view. How many
complaints are we getting from them, now that their favorite feature
is no longer visible?

I take that back. Obviously the islandfans have successfully been able
to put their foot down, and keep them rendered at Z=15 and higher. And
of course it's been years since it was OpenChurchMap.org, so it's
unlikely that the churchanistas are still complaining. Maybe if all
the religionists could cooperate with each other, they could populate
OpenChurchMap.org. I'm not holding my breadth. Or my heighth. How come
breadth ends in an H, but height does not? I blame the English for
English.