> Il giorno 29/ago/2014, alle ore 01:12, SomeoneElse
> <li...@mail.atownsend.org.uk> ha scritto:
>

> (as has been mentioned before) wikidata may not change, but OSM data surely
> does.  If I split a way that has a wikidata tag, how do I know which of the
> two resulting elements should have the wikidata tag?

You generally will know. When you split a way you will do it for a reason, and
you will have to check for all tags on the way on which of the new ways you
will keep them, including the wikidata tag. Like any other information also
wikidata tags will raise the complexity, there is no difference (assuming here
that you will have linked information about the wikidata object to base your
judgement on, besides the cryptic reference number, stuff like a name or the
kind of object).

Cheers,
Martin