On Aug 22, 2014 7:11 PM, "Martin Koppenhoefer" <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Il giorno 22/ago/2014, alle ore 20:26, Jo <winfi...@gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> > Do I really hear you saying I should only map bus routes as relations
where the ways are used by more than one route? and as route_ref tags on
the stretches where that particular road is used only by a single bus line?

> I also find this strange, a bus route is something very different from a
street and should get its own osm object therefore. Otherwise you won't be
able to tell which tags belongs to what, eg if the name (or ref or ...) is
the name of the road or of the route.

I just think the tools need to handle the loop scenario, where a bus route
traverses the same way twice as part of a midroute dogleg or around the
block situation.