On 22 août 2014 13:42:55 UTC+02:00, Pieren <pier...@gmail.com> wrote:
Excepted perhaps for ways
>with multiple refs, these relations are just used as categories :
>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Relations_are_not_Categories
>
>"We do not, however, create relations that simply collect a loose
>group of somewhat related items. "
>
>Pieren

Don't jump directly to the 'relations are not categories' page, but start on
the 'relation' page on the wiki.
Of course relations members are related, and of course route relations members
falls into a kind of 'road' category. Route relations exists and a ref tag is
more than welcome in such relations.
You are of course free to use the ref tag on ways, and let another user create
a relation with another ref for another kind of route when he or she feels the
need to.

'relation are not categories' is the badliest worded OSM guideline ever.

Can you make a sentence starting with 'these relations are a category of way
that I would define by ....'
Yves