Joseph,

During millions of years of evolution eating and drinking together meant
that people belonged to the same tribe. Drinking together is beneficial
for a group cohesion. It is in our culture and in our genes.

Certainly, if I go to a sport event people drink tea and water there. I
just wanted to say that at a large social gathering people may have a
choice what to drink without being conspicuous, without imposing an
agenda to others.

brgds
Oleksiy