The following is just my opinion.

Based on New York's bid proposal, the fact that it will be held at the UN
and that it has an international character and not just a simple regional
SotM, SotM US 2015 will definitely overshadow any of the 2 SotM 2015 bids
which are Toronto and Venice. If the OSMF still decides to go with a
separate conference, Toronto is too close to New York so Venice might be
the more attractive option.

But I would rather see New York as the SotM 2015 and Venice as the SotM EU
2015. So I think that the OSMF should cooperate with OSM US and declare the
winning New York bid as the State of the Map 2015.