Hi Jóhannes

It was a reply to the thread in general & the OP; your post just happened to be last. However, I think I did reply to a couple of your points:

I prefer the new rendering
Addresses are clearer (which you appear to agree with)
Accurately draw building outlines, whilst giving the map a more 'professional' look, aren't vital to be viewed in detail.

Most things, such as computer programs or maps etc, have a variation in contrast. Otherwise everything would be 'in your face' & harder to read for everyone. Imagine a map with contours rendered in thick black lines.

Cheers
Dave F.