I don't care much for specific colours but I would like the original
differentiation between building types to be kept or improved.  It was
more subtle than the proposed "important" buildings style, but was
nice visually and useful.

I understand this change was mostly a rewrite and so keeping previous
features was not the simplest way to go (as it normally would), but I
don't like how the change is announced in the various places as a
lightening of tone without mention of the removal of processing of the
building= tag values, or justification for this.</bikeshed>

Cheers