On 27 April 2015 at 13:52, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> On 27/04/15 13:17, pmailkeey . wrote:
> >
> > Is the 'through route' and 'the same road' the same thing ? and does it
> > mean that the road number stays the same or that you do not cross the
> > white paint ?
>
> One of the routes I follow regularly is an old Roman cross road which is
> straight, but crosses several more major roads with give way or stop at
> every junction. It is the one B class road, but crosses white paint at
> every junction. So there is not a general rule that can be applied. The
> place 'through route' would be helpful is where a road bends at a
> junction, and the main route route is not straight on. In the example
> given, the road name changed and if there is no road reference to
> override that then either you announce the turn, or you need something
> else to switch it off?

I think the answer is that less ambiguous terminology is needed. 'Turn off'
and 'stay on' are ambiguous.

Also, instructions relying on something else aren't good, e.g. Follow 'A1'.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>