On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Daniel Koć <daniel@koć.pl> wrote:

> Yes, I did it. But it means it's another complexity to consider when
> reporting problems with their engine.
>
> I don't know how open.mapquest.org routing service is different (in terms
> of routing code) from what we have on OSM website, but that should be done
> automatically if they're not the same. Anyway, that's really tech2tech kind
> of problem.

As stated earlier, routing engines are simply doing the math. Certainly
there are routing issues, but I suspect that most routing problems will
come back to OSM data. If we report all problems to the router and it is
our problem, how does it get back to OSM to fix? If OSM editors determine
that the problem isn't with our data, there needs to be a feedback
mechanism to the OP so they can decide if they want to report it to the
routing provider. Notes provides that feedback as long as the poster was
logged in.

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us