On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

>    I'm known for being critical of armchair mapping by people with no
> personal connection tho the area being mapped. Whether done for fun, for
> money, or to help, I think that in most cases it is a bad idea that runs
> against the spirit of OSM.

I wonder what you think of "holiday"-mapping. Does not have this the same
problems as remote mapping ?
I'm thinking here of e.g. Overlanders that will map campsites and other
tourist information on a otherwise possibly empty map in Africa or Asia.
But I also thought that there are other popular holiday destination in e.g.
Europe that were mapped by tourists instead a locals.

Do you see this as a problem as well ?

regards