On 15/08/2015 10:08 PM, Lester Caine wrote:
On 15/08/15 12:55, Colin Smale wrote:
Good question. We assume they were not entered from sources without a
suitable licence. Should we delete them? I certainly don't need to know
where the gas pipelines are.
But someone buying a house close by may be interested? A number of
pipelines have been laid around here and we could have plotted their
routes as the various roads were dug up and trenches cut ...

Someone digging a hole (for a planting tree as an example) may be very
interested in where things are underground.

There are also roads and train lines that are underground.
Those are mapped in OSM .. and they are not 'on the ground' nor could I verify them - the GPS stops working inside the tunnels.
Yet I would not suggest they be removed! I know they are there ..
and the position is approximately correct as far as I can determine
(entry points are good, direction of travel is good and the shape complies with my impression of it).

So ..
Deletion .. for me ... only where
the feature is entirely removed and replaced with another feature.

If a feature is abandoned, raised etc, leave the nodes/way there and change the tag... add the prefix demolished:

Where there is doubt, do nothing! Doubt should be removed before acting, asking
the originator may remove doubt.