Frederik Ramm wrote:
> What everybody can see is a clearing or change in the surface
> of something. That's fine to map.
>
> Inferring from that that there must have been a railway there is a
> step too far. We are mappers, not trappers.

Ok, let's try an experiment.

Go to http://cycle.travel/map/journey/15120, click the route highlight (in
purple), and click 'Find photos'.

I spot a bridge in the characteristic Victorian railway style, a viaduct,
the remains of a signal box, a large embankment of the type used to build
railways and nothing else from that period, and A SODDING RAILWAY PLATFORM
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Tell me again you can't infer there must have been a railway there. I dare
you. I double dare you.

cheers
Richard