On 02/09/15 13:23, p...@trigpoint.me.uk wrote:
>> The principle of "what data belongs in OSM" is about the propeties of
>> > that data, not what kind of data it is. But as it happens, a given
>> > kind of data usually has the same properties, so "this kind of data
>> > doesn't belong in OSM" is a usefull simplification.
>> >
> We can map barriers and visible dividing marks, but land ownership has
> massive privacy and data protection issues.

Adding actual names against a property is perhaps the question here? And
that is a step to far. Even NLPG data does not have personal data
included IN it, but simply putting an address into a phone book on the
internet will more than likely provide that data. I don't see any
problem identifying what fields belong to a particular farm or what area
belongs to a particular dwelling. That is essentially 'land use' and
part of this came about because of a blanket application of 'farmland'
to some areas of the UK but where proper verification of boundaries
throws up various problems with THAT data and now tidying that up needs
'non-visible' information in addition to the visible stuff to correct
the mistakes. I have tried simply hiding the data which works around
here, but another area nearer London is obviously using a different tag
to 'farmland' ... just not identified yet what else to ignore.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL