On 02/11/15 18:08, nebulon42 wrote:
> However, there is of course always the possibility to improve things
> further. I'm welcoming contributions at https://github.com/gmgeo/osmic,
> which is a repository that holds all icons I have done for the Standard
> map style (some I have also adapted from Maki and other free sources).
> You can also directly contribute to osm-carto at
> https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto.

As a dinosaur who actually liked full colour icons on websites, I've my
own version of bootstrap using full colour ones, and I'm now looking to
extend that into the icon map for my own rendering. While the styling
for OSM is quite complicated it can easily be broken down into
manageable elements such as road colours, or icon library, so switching
elements is not particularly difficult once one has a working local
rendering system.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL