I have been working as a developer for thirty years, and had never encountered the term "attic data" before this discussion.

On 02/04/2016 01:03 PM, Stephan Knauss wrote:
This time with correct sender ☺

On February 4, 2016 10:15:45 AM GMT+01:00, Stephan Knauss wrote:
Hello Dave and others,

While I agree in general that the wiki should be as understandable for
beginners as possible, please be aware that the audience of your
mentioned page are not beginners.

It is the technical documentation of the overpass API. Application
Program Interface. It is that piece of software an application
developer interacts with.
An API is not intended for the end user.

When you edit OSM data you also use dedicated programs for it and don't
interact with the API directly.

So it is fine when an average developer understands the page.

Having the special vocabulary explained somewhere certainly helps. But
I am quite certain it is explained in the overpass docs.

Stephan

On February 4, 2016 9:41:56 AM GMT+01:00, Mateusz Konieczny