Hi,

Am 15.08.2016 um 16:43 schrieb Tom Hughes:

> Part of the problem as I understand it is that the current site is
> running a customised code base with various patches that have never been
> passed upstream.

back in November 2014, I worked with Lambertus on applying some of those
custom changes to the then current FluxBB 1.5.7. I still have them
around on Github [1]. Basically, it's a different authentication
mechanism and some UI enhancements like quick quoting, emoticons.

Somehow, those UI enhancements didn't survive the last forum update
(around Q4/2015). I believe one of the German forum moderators was
involved in that most recent update activity, but I may be wrong here.

According to my inbox, the last email conversations with Lambertus were
also in Nov 2014.

[1]
https://github.com/mmd-osm/openstreetmap-forum/commits/OpenStreetMap_forum.1.5.7