On 16.08.2016 00:59, Michał Brzozowski wrote:>
> Can anybody launch these "other ways" now?

I talked to him in april about that problem and he was thankful that
there is discussions about "how to go forward" with the forum. He wanted
to respond some days later but didn't. I tried to contact him again
several times. Yesterday I tried again by wiki-discussion, osm message,
email and even changeset comment. Iam still hopeful, that he will answer
and would like to wait two more weeks and don't blow the topic to big
until then. Either he will answer, or he won't. If there are any other
ways to contact him, that would be great.
But after that two weeks (its more than 4 month then), I think its not
premature to discuss about a plan B.

On 16.08.2016 00:42, Simon Poole wrote:
> Further I've heard that some people are **attempting to scrape the whole
> forum** which is likely not the best thing to do if we want the site to
> stay up (Grant isn't here but iirc there was at least an oldish backup
> somewhere).

Scraping wouldnt hurt the server if its done over a longer periode of
time. Anyway, its just a possibility that I mentioned. Its not a plan,
and Iam not "attempting to scrape the whole forum". But it could be
done, if there would be a new server and software and we still dont have
any answer or access.