From: Nicolás Alvarez <nicolas.alva...@gmail.com>
Sent: 27 August 2017 20:01:16
To: Frederik Ramm
Cc: Talk Openstreetmap; talk...@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] [Talk-us] Redacting 75, 000 street names contributed by
user chdr

I don't understand what people mean with 'verifying' objects. We're
not trying to find factually-incorrect data. The data is legally
tainted. It's questionable whether looking at the current names
imported from GMaps, comparing to another source, seeing they match
and marking them as "verified" will legally change anything. And it's
impossible to know if people are really verifying anything or just
blindly marking them as verified.

I think the only clean way to solve this is to redact and then re-map
from legal sources.

--
Nicolás