I believe there is a slight misunderstanding, while remixing
OpenStreetMap/OSM/etc in various ways may result in cutesy copycat
domain names they simply do not jibe well with reality.

Not only does every single one of them weaken the standing of the marks
themselves and make is increasingly difficult to take action against
misuse, they are further uncontrollable liabilities for the whole
community. I gave the example of OpenWeatherMap, but there are others
that would be really painful if they ended up in the hands of your fav
giant tech corp.

That said, I'm not sure why you believe the policy has broken something,
with the exception of a few local chapters, to my knowledge, the OSMF
has never granted a licence to anybody to use the marks in a domain
name. As outlined in the FAQ we will be operating a grandfathering
scheme to legalize such use after the fact so actually making such use
legit for the first time.

And yes: WoQ would be a wonderful name for Yuris service and shows that
it is completely possible to break out of the old schema of simply
copying OSM.

Simon