W dniu 20.09.2017 o 03:09, Devon Fyson pisze:
However on the other hand GitHub is very popular and there would likely be poor buy-in if contributors were asked to use a different system. Therefore I propose that a new template be made on the wiki which is specifically for referring tools in any repository used on the OSM database. Those repositories would then be automatically and periodically cloned (backed up) to say git.openstreetmaps.org <http://git.openstreetmaps.org>.

I would prefer the other way around - to set for example a GitLab instance on git.openstreetmaps.org <http://git.openstreetmaps.org> (probably with standard OSM login) and mirror it wherever, including GitHub. No matter how popular, things can always change, creating a mess (like MapQuest Open).

--
"Probably it's an eternal problem - too many chiefs, too few Indians" [O.
Muzalyev]