While I can understand adding WP and WD tags to objects of note, why on
earth would we want to add all this redundancy to OSM objects at all?
Particularly given that object type + brand(s) should essentially always
be unique, anybody that wants to look up WD keys could do so via a
simple external table.

Simon

Note I'm talking about the usefulness for OSM here, that it would be
useful for WD is clear.