> And surely saying that the decision-making process is "completely
> intransparent" is just being plain lazy. Here are several blog posts and
> documents providing quite a bit of detail into the process and results that
> can be reached with just a couple minutes of Googling:
>
> https://www.hotosm.org/updates/2016-12-06_funds_for_
> community_led_projects_the_2017_hot_microgrants_program
> https://www.hotosm.org/updates/2017-02-02_hot_microgrants_programme_
> launches_0
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SVI_wxf0CbZ2pOOf8kuqREkZwvmxmSTp9i
> 3jbHsBkCo/edit
> https://www.hotosm.org/updates/2017-04-20_hot_microgrants_2017_results

Eugene, you have posted 4 links, can you please explain how these pages
contribute to transparency of the decision making process? The only 2 hints
about the selection process I have found are as vague as possible:

"* Who decides?
Applications will be evaluated and funding decisions made by a panel with
representation from HOT senior staff, Board of Directors, HOT voting
membership, donor organizations, and external advisors."

and then:
"We had a fantastic response to our first ever Microgrants Programme, with
over 70 applications from nearly 50 countries worldwide. After much
deliberation, we’re pleased to announce we are supporting the following
projects with Microgrants for 2017 (in no particular order):"
(followed by a list of 8 projects)

Cheers,
Martin